Strandchalet Katwijk B.V. respects the privacy of visitors to its website, and in particular its visitors’ rights with regard to the automated processing of their personal data. In the interests of full transparency to our clients, we have therefore formulated and implemented a policy with regard to such data processing operations, their purpose and data subjects’ ability to exercise their rights to the maximum extent possible.
For additional information on personal data protection, please consult the Dutch Data Protection Authority’s website: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl.
Article 1 – Statutory provisions
- Website (hereinafter also referred to as ‘The website’): www.strandchalet.nl
- Data controller (hereinafter also referred to as ‘The administrator’): Strandchalet Katwijk B.V., with its registered offices at Boulevard Zeezijde 35-37, 2225 BBKatwijk, registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under company number 76213218.
Article 2 – Access to the website
Access to and use of the website are strictly personal. You may not use this website and the data and information provided on it for any commercial, political or publicity-related purposes, nor for any commercial offers. In particular, you must not use it for unsolicited offers made electronically.
Article 3 – The content presented on the website
All brands, images, texts, comments, illustrations, animated images, video footage and sounds, as well as all technical applications that may be used to allow the website to function, and more generally all components used on this website, are protected by intellectual property rights by operation of law. Any type of reproduction, repetition, use or modification of this website or any aspects thereof, including its technical applications, without written permission from the data controller, is strictly prohibited. If the administrator does not immediately take action when its rights are infringed, this must not be construed as tacit permission, nor as a sign that the administrator will refrain from opening legal proceedings.
To ensure proper administration of the website, the administrator may decide at any time:
- to deny a certain category of visitors access to the website, or to suspend or limit their access to the website or a particular part thereof;
- to remove all information that may interrupt the website’s performance or that violates Dutch or international legislation or Internet etiquette.
- to take the website offline temporarily to implement updates.
Article 5 – Responsibilities
The administrator shall never be responsible for any unavailability, service interruptions, difficulties or interrupted website performance, causing the website or one of its functions to be inaccessible. The manner in which you seek to connect to the website is your own responsibility. It is up to you to take measures to protect your devices and data from malicious efforts to access your devices, e.g. viruses spread through the Internet. Moreover, you yourself bear responsibility for the websites and data you consult on the Internet.
The administrator shall not be liable for any legal proceedings instigated against you:
- as a result of your use of the website or of services that can be accessed through the Internet;
The administrator shall not be responsible for any damage suffered by yourself, a third party or your equipment due to your having connected to, or used, the website. You will refrain from instigating any action against the administrator in relation to any such damage.
If the administrator should get involved in a dispute due to your use of this website, he shall be entitled to recoup from you any losses he has suffered and may suffer in the future.
Article 6 – Data collection
Strandchalet Katwijk B.V. and one or more external data processors will process your personal data. ‘Personal data’ is here taken to mean: any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is a person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, such as with an identifier such as a name, an identification number or location data, an online identifier or with one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
The personal data collected on the website are mostly used by the administrator to be able to maintain relations with you and potentially to process your orders.
Article 7 – Your rights with regard to your data
Pursuant to Article 12(2)(b) of the General Data Protection Regulation, all website visitors are entitled to inspect their personal data, request their rectification or removal and limit the processing of their data, and also to express their objections to having their data processed, and to request data portability. You can exercise these rights by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you wish to make the kind of request outlined above, you must also submit valid ID containing your signature, and provide the address at which you can be contacted. You will receive a reply to your request within one month of its submission. Depending on the complexity of the request and the number of things you have requested us to do, we may have to extend this time frame by two months.
Article 8 – Personal data processing
If a visitor to our website is suspected of having violated the law and regulations, and if the authorities require the handover of personal data collected by the administrator, such data will be provided to the authorities upon their explicit and properly motivated request, after which these personal data will no longer be deemed to be subject to the provisions of this privacy protection statement.
If specific information is needed to obtain access to certain functions of the website, the data controller will indicate that this information is mandatory at the moment it requests the information.
Article 9 – Commercial offers
The administrator may send you commercial offers. If you do not wish to receive such offers, or if you wish to be removed from the mailing list, please send an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If, while visiting the website, you come across another person’s personal details, you must refrain from collecting them and using them in any other manner that is not allowed. Furthermore, you must refrain from any conduct that constitutes a violation of this person’s privacy. The administrator shall not hold responsibility in the aforementioned situations.
Article 10 – Retention period
Data collected by the website’s administrator shall be used and retained for the time frame stipulated in the law.
Article 11 – Cookies
- We use the following types of cookies on our website:
– Functional cookies: such as session and log-in cookies, to track session and log-in information.
– Anonymised analytical cookies: to help us gain an understanding of our visitors’ visit to our site, based on information on visitor numbers and popular pages and subjects. This allows us to ensure that our communications and the information we provide meet the needs of the people who visit our website. The cookies do not allow us to see who is visiting our website, or from what PC they are accessing our website.
– Non-anonymised analytical cookies: to help us gain an understanding of our visitors’ visit to our site, based on information on visitor numbers and popular pages and subjects. This allows us to ensure that our communications and the information we provide meet the needs of the people who visit our website.
– Tracking cookies: e.g. advertisement cookies, designed to show you relevant advertisements. Information on the websites you visit allows us to learn more about the things you are interested in. This allows organisations to show people who visit their websites targeted advertisements, among other things. Tracking cookies allow organisations to draw up profiles of people and treat them in a particular way. Tracking cookies typically involve personal data processing.
- More specifically, we use the following types of cookies:
– Google Analytics anonymised (analytical cookies)
– Google Analytics (analytical cookie)
– Adobe (analytical cookie)
– Facebook (tracking cookie)
– Google Adwords (tracking cookie)
- When you visit our website, cookies transmitted by the data controller and/or third parties may be installed on your device.
- For more information on the use, management and removal of cookies for every type of operating system, you can consult the following web page: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/onderwerpen/internet-telefoon-tv-en-post/cookies#faq
Article 12 – Images and products offered
You will not be able to derive any rights from the images that pertain to the products offered on the website.
Article 13 – Applicable law
These terms and conditions are governed by Dutch law. The court of law of the place where the administrator is registered shall be exclusively competent to hear any dispute that may arise in relation to these terms and conditions, except in cases where a legal exception to this rule applies.
Article 14 – Contact
If you have any questions or wish to receive more information on our products or on the website itself, please contact: Strandchalet Katwijk B.V., email@example.com, (+31) (0)71 401 2314.